DragonFly BSD
DragonFly kernel List (threaded) for 2005-12
[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Plans for 1.5


From: "Martin P. Hellwig" <mhellwig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2005年12月18日 15:41:58 +0100

Matthew Dillon wrote:
<cut>
-----------------------------------------------

			 STAGE 3 - ZFS PORT
			 Starting March or April!

 I am really quite impressed with Sun's ZFS. People wishing to look at
 the Sun ZFS code can find it on LEAF in the OpenSolaris source tree:

cd /archive/OpenSolaris-20051207/usr/src/

	 common/zfs
	 uts/common/fs/zfs
	 uts/sparc/zfs
	 uts/intel/zfs
	 cmd/fs.d/zfs
	 cmd/mdb/common/modules/zfs
	 cmd/mdb/intel/ia32/zfs
	 cmd/mdb/intel/amd64/zfs
	 cmd/mdb/sparc/v9/zfs
	 cmd/zfs

 I have perused the ZFS code and I am impressed. Very impressed! It is
 well documented, nicely modular, and easy to read.

I am tentatively scheduling the port for March. It may occur sooner or
later then that (hopefully sooner), but I just don't know how hard STAGE 2 is going to be.


I really want to start the port immediately, but I think I am really going to need userland VFS working for such a port to be able to proceed
at a good clip.

Very exciting stuff indeed, as I read through the documentation and watched the demos on http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zfs/ I become curious how you are going to implement the NFSv4 like ACL scheme?
Also I am a bit confused in how deeply you planned to use ZFS.
Is this like only root in UFS and the rest in ZFS? How about swap?


--
mph



[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index][Thread Index]

AltStyle によって変換されたページ (->オリジナル) /